The CUA Procurement Card (PCard) is a Visa credit card that can be used for making business purchases under $2,500 and can be used to purchase most of the same goods and services that can be obtained using a check request or purchase order. The PCard can be used for point-of-sale, telephone, fax and internet purchases. The University's tax exempt numbers are displayed on the front of the PCard since most purchases made on the University's behalf are tax exempt.
PCards are issued in the name of the individual responsible for making purchases on behalf of the University. The PCard is not intended as a personal credit card nor is it tied to the cardholder's personal credit. The PCard is not intended to circumvent requisitions and purchase orders, but as a method of augmenting existing processes.
- Serves as a price negotiating tool
- Reduces invoices
- Reduces purchase orders and check requests
- Reduces employee reimbursements
- Streamlines the acquisition process
- Expedites the shipping process
- Eliminates paper work
- Allows viewing and monitoring transactions realtime
- Procurement Card Application and Manager Information
- Procurement Card Documents
- Procurement Card FAQs