Vendors doing business with the University are expected to adhere to the following Vendor Code of Conduct:
- All purchases of goods and services from outside vendors are to be preceded by the issuance of an official Purchase Order generated by the Office of Procurement that is then provided to the vendor.
- Invoices shall be presented to CUA with a valid CUA Purchase Order number.
- Invoices shall not be sent until after the product has been shipped or the service has been performed.
- The term Preferred Vendor at CUA may be reserved for select vendors designated by the Office of Procurement & Payment Services.
- The appropriate way to conduct business with CUA is to call and schedule an appointment prior to visiting a particular department or school.
- It is inappropriate for a vendor to make a donation of any sort to a department/school that may influence a future purchasing decision. In addition, CUA students and student organizations have no authority to commit the University to the purchase of any product or service without the use of an authorized CUA purchasing card.
- The Office of Procurement & Payment Services strongly discourages marketing efforts directed at departments and schools where a Preferred Vendor relationship already exists. Preferred Vendor List